"Positive and active parent engagement"
The Parents Association functions as a special committee appointed in terms of the Durban Girls’ College constitution, with a mission statement as follows:
The Parents Association Committee supports the Durban Girls’ College mission and strategic direction, to build community through positive and active parent engagement, ongoing and effective communication, and strong partnerships.
Objectives of the PA:
- To provide an avenue of communication between: parents, the Executive Head, and the Board
- Inform parents on DGC matters
- Harness talents of parents for the general benefit and welfare of DGC
- Provide volunteer services to the school
- To use the fundraising events to cultivate, build and enhance the school spirit, family and community of DGC
The My School Card is the primary source of Funding for the DGC Parents Association.
|Michelle Lewis||HS||Communication & Matric Cocktail Party|
|Tracy Hampson||HS||Rites of Passage|
|Leigh Corbett||HS/SP||College House& Environment|
|Feroza Joossub||SP||Treasurer & Finance|
|Jackie Psannis||SP||Marketing or Communication|
|Fathima Essack||JP/SP||My School|
|Trisha Parshotam||JP||My School|
|Lauren Wellbeloved||JP||Matric Cocktail Party & Events & Rites of Passage|
|Caley Rosenberg||JP||Secretary & JP Liaison Parents & Events|
|Nathalee Venter||JP||Marketing or Communication|
|Hallima Joosab||JP||Health and Wellness|
|Leann Guruvadu||JP||Health and Wellness|