"Positive and active parent engagement"
The Parents Association functions as a special committee appointed in terms of the Durban Girls’ College constitution, with a mission statement as follows:
The Parents Association Committee supports the Durban Girls’ College mission and strategic direction, to build community through positive and active parent engagement, ongoing and effective communication, and strong partnerships.
Objectives of the PA:
- To provide an avenue of communication between: parents, the Executive Head, and the Board
- Inform parents on DGC matters
- Harness talents of parents for the general benefit and welfare of DGC
- Provide volunteer services to the school
- To use the fundraising events to cultivate, build and enhance the school spirit, family and community of DGC
The My School Card is the primary source of Funding for the DGC Parents Association.
Our committee operates with standing sub-committees that support current initiatives, being:
- Finance [incl College Quarters]
- Parent Liaison
- College House Liaison
- Environmental Awareness
- Rites of Passage Gifting
Throughout the year we coordinate events with the assistance of the Class Liaison Parents:
- Family Picnic
- Outdoor Movie Night
- Dads and Daughters Dinner
- Annual Teachers Appreciation Tea
- Matric Parents Farewell Cocktail Party, to name a few.
The Parent Association has sponsored speakers and events and made purchases for the school to enhance the school experience and environment.
With a MySchool card, you can be part of one of South Africa's biggest fundraising programmes and make a difference, just by shopping. The card is free, and with the ability to choose DGC to support, you can help education in South Africa without it costing you a cent.
Simply swipe your card every time you shop at a MySchool partner store, and they will give back a percentage of your purchase value, on your behalf, to the schools or charities you have chosen.
Get your free card today and remember that every swipe counts!
|Helen Stichelbout||HS||Head of Phase: HS|
|Tracy Hampson||HS/SP||Head of Phase: SP|
|Kerry Hancock||SP||My School|
|Leigh Corbett||HS/JP||College House Respresentative|
|Candice Edgeley||HS/JP||Head of Phase: Foundation|